About Me

My photo
Because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus' name...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lessons from Ondoy


This is not yet my full account of what I have experienced during the typhoon. I still can't find any courage to recollect my emotions one by one. Perhaps, when all these are over, I will do some editing on this post.

I was not one of those people that needed to be rescued. I am one of the fortunate few who were at a safe place when it happened. We were stuck at the second floor of our school. Neither did I have to do some cleaning up because, praise God, flood did not reach our house. This is just a short recollection of the lessons I learned from Ondoy, a calamity that has become a humbling experience for all of us. 

  • With very limited supply of food and water, I learned how to CONSERVE resources.
  • Some of my classmates worried about their families, and so I learned the meaning of COMPASSION.
  • When we were asked to form a queue for free dinner courtesy of our school admin, I learned about HUMILITY.
  • We were offered free film showing and videoke that night, I learned to SMILE DESPITE THE HARD TIMES.
  • When the flood subsided the following morning and we were able to go home, I learned the value of GRATEFULNESS.
  • Finally, when I went to the relief center to bring my donations, I learned the value of SHARING.
But in all those things, what I learned the most is the power of PRAYER.

God bless our beloved country!

No comments: