About Me

My photo
Because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus' name...

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Defending my President on Facebook


09.09.09. I got up early to watch the live telecast of Sen. Noynoy's press conference wherein he would announce whether to run or not to run for President in 2010. I was 80% sure it's a YES, but still my heart was beating twice as fast in excitement. Nothing beats hearing the YES straight from his mouth.

And so that was it. He will run! My heart was filled with hope (but I just couldn't express my happiness because Ate and Kuya support another candidate. Hehe...
I logged on to facebook using my mobile phone, and there I read 2 status messages criticizing Noynoy's announcement. I found myself debating with these 2 guys. Hahaha! Reposting the debate with one of them (let's hide his identity and call him F1):

F1: Noynoy, parang GMA din, sabi daw ni LORD

EDS: Teka, sino ba gusto mo maging presidente? Lahat na lang ata me reklamo tayong mga Pilipino. For me, Noynoy may be perceived to be a weakling. He has no iron hands like that of the other politicians, but I believe he has a soft heart. If we're tired of traditional politicians, then maybe all we need is a uniting force. And what's wrong with "sabi ni Lord" kung sabi naman talaga ni Lord?

F1: "Lahat na lang ata" is an understatement, the Philippines has a population of 80M++; and I did not complain about Noynoy's running for presidency (FYI/R), no need for such violent reaction. The question should not be "who", but should be: "how, what and when", this little space here is not sufficient to answer your query. We really need a uniting force. And I never say that there is something wrong when it is: "sabi daw ni LORD", I just find it ironic and blasphemous to use such heresy as a campaign line... If their faith really dictates them to go out and serve, it shouldn't be publicized. Do you remember this line from the BIBLE: "Huwag mong ipaalam sa kaliwang kamay mo ang ginagawa ng kanang kamay mo." Enough said...

EDS: What, how and when will always be important, but on May 2010, we will ultimately be faced with WHO are those people whom we think will lead us to the best answers to all other questions. For me, Noynoy's mentioning of God's will is not heresy, but a statement of fact that he really went on a retreat and listened to God. What are you supposed to do in a monastery for days? Maybe we need politicians who can combine leadership with faith in God. Filipinos need a whole lot of evangelization. Heresy, some people may say. But if it's gonna do good for everyone, what are we questioning?

F1: all those things are relative :)

EDS: Yep, we look at politics and faith at different perspectives, but we have the same dream for our country. May we be guided by God in choosing our next President and all other leaders. Prayer answers everything. I hope this statement would not sound blasphemous. Hehe...

Too bad I wasn't able to save the debate with my other friend. That was hotter, and was participated in by 3 other people who are not my friends. Apparently, this friend of mine deleted the stat, and I don't know why. Hehehe...

No comments: