About Me

My photo
Because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus' name...

Monday, November 12, 2007

Ang Ating Musika


Last Saturday, November 9, 2007, I watched "Ang Ating Musika", a minor concert of no less than my idol, Regine Velasquez, at the Aliw Theatre. I was with Emerson, my bf. It started at around 9:30. Fortunately, we were able to reserve seats at Row I (patron).

Before the show started, the national anthem was sung by someone from the background. I think it was Kyla. The concert was jumpstarted by a medley of "Kayganda ng Ating Musika", another song which I am not familiar with, and "Limang Dipang Tao". Regine came in her very elegant white gown, riding a tricycle! Cool!

She sung only OPM songs. She had her rendition of songs by Willy Cruz, Ryan Cayabyab, Odette Quesada, Gary V, Freddie Aguilar, Jose Mari Chan, and many others. As expected, she delivered all the songs very well. Regine never fails to stun her audience. Her guests were also good. They had Jed Madela, PPS girls, and my second favorite, Kyla. While watching the show, I realized that I am an OPM-lover. I know almost all the songs, and I'm proud of it. Shame on those Filipinos who find OPM songs "baduy". Filipinos are great in music! We have countless great songs that we can be proud of.
This is not the best Regine concert that I have watched. Well, it's just a minor concert. The best for me is still R2K. But this is soo good! And what made it special? Well... I GOT HOLD OF REGINE'S HAND FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS!!!!

Call me "corny", "mababaw" or anything, but this means so much to me as a die-hard fan. I am a regine fanatic. She has been my idol, my favorite, my inspiration, since I was a kid. I grew up singing her songs. I strived to develop my voice because I wanted to sing her songs. I wanted to be like her. She practically helped me nourish my talent, even if she is not aware of it. And up to now, no one still compares to her. Her songs keep me company whenever I am sad, whenever I am angry.... and just whenever I want to. So this moment is so precious to me.

Here's how it happened.

After she sang what everyone thought to be her last song, people approached the stage because ogie was there. I also went there for a chance to have a shot with ogie. I don't like him but I felt that it was the next best thing because regine was already at the backstage. And then... woohoo!!! Regine reappeared and sang a couple of dance songs. I went further till I reached the stage... and then wow! I was able to shake hands with her. OMG! I can't explain the feeling. All I know is that I am happy... but I guess this is more than happiness.

I am a Regine fanatic... and I will always be. I LOVE YOU SONGBIRD!!!!