About Me

My photo
Because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus' name...

Saturday, December 21, 2013

God of My Dreams

"Because of who you are, I can live with hope,
Knowing that you'll always be
God of all my dreams
Everything I want to be is found in you"
(Who You Are by Gateway Worship)

November 4, 2012

Fresh from taking the 2012 Bar Examinations, exactly a week after the last of those 4 Sundays inside that room in UST that seemed like a big pressure cooker that time, I attended The Feast for the first time at PICC. To those of you who do not know what "The Feast" is, it is a weekly gathering to praise and glorify God, organized by Light of Jesus, a Catholic charismatic community founded by Bro. Bo Sanchez. Attending the Feast was a 4-year old plan that I was only able to do after I'm done with law school and the Bar review, when Sunday is no longer the busiest day of my typical week. Praise God!

So on that first slack Sunday, I met my friends at PICC and we attended The Feast. After the mass, I was amazed by the energy of every person inside the plenary hall. People were like in a rock concert, only that they were singing praise songs. My first impression was, "Parang born again!" But of course I've been a follower of Bro. Bo long enough to know that he is a Catholic lay preacher. I sang along.

And then they played that song that made me burst into tears as my entire law school and Bar review memories came playing inside my head like a scary movie. Then I saw my 10-year old self who, for the first time, decided that I wanted to be a CPA Lawyer. I also remembered taking my oath as a CPA in that very same place. While everybody was singing so loud, I cried out, "Lord, sana kasama ako sa mag-oath dito next year!" (Bar results come out the following year.)

"Who You Are" became my favorite song, my comfort song everytime fear of the Bar result would set in.

December 8, 2013

Fast-forward... I'm now a regular 'Feaster', actively attending (with some absences -- sorry) for more than a year. I've been into two (2) Kerygma Conferences, some CG (Connect Group) sessions, and a half-day retreat for singles. I also signed up for the Truly Rich Club. (You should register, too! Let me know so I can assist you.)

On the second week of the "Power Up" series, we sang my favorite song again. And again, tears came flowing down, and as my physical vision started to blur, memories played inside my head again. But this time, there were new images - my oath-taking, the day I signed my name in the Roll, my first baby steps as a lawyer, my struggles in this continuing journey to my bigger dreams, and the joys of finally being able to have time for myself and the people I love. I am just so thankful that the roles God gives me in this life are not hard to love and appreciate. Yes, I live my life dealing with everyday challenges. But at the end of each day, when my battery gets drained, I only have to tap into the Power Source, the God of all my dreams, who always reminds me of the reason why I have to go through all the stress and difficulties - LOVE. It is love that makes us want to be truly rich so that we can serve other people. It is love that puts balance between our desire to excel at work and to excel in our relationships. It is love that sets the strong foundation for our goals. And my goal is not to be a great lawyer, but to be a great person worthy of all the perks of being God's beloved daughter.

And so as the song was coming to its end, I thanked God for always staying by my side, for being my Dream-giver, my Coach and my Cheerleader. I bet He is also busy throwing big parties in Heaven for each little success I achieve on earth. That song will always remind me of how God shows His love through my dreams coming true one step at a time.

No comments: