About Me

My photo
Because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus' name...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Expression of Outrage to the Ruthless Willie Revillame


I read an article online, saying that on August 3, 2009, during Willie's show "Wowowee" (which I NEVER and will NEVER watch in my lifetime), the live coverage of President Cory's cortege being transferred from LSGH to Manila Cathedral was inserted. That guy with nothing but a rotten reputation stopped the airing and said on national TV: “’Di po maganda. Nagsasaya kami dito habang nagluluksa ang sambayanang Pilipino. ’Di ko magagampanan ang pagpapatawa habang ipinapakita ang libing ng dating presidente.” (“It’s not good for us to have fun here while the whole country grieves. I cannot make people laugh at the same time that this part of the funeral of our former president is being shown.”). Many haters reacted negatively, which is just a perfect and natural reaction. My own personal reaction is this feeling of outrage against the demon in him. I really hate Willie, and that remark made me hate him even more. I wonder where he was during the EDSA Revolution. I wonder if he has ever been grateful for the democracy that was won for us by Tita Cory. Didn't he even realize that the Freedom of Speech and Expression he is utilizing - and oftentimes abusing - now was born out of Ninoy and Cory's heroism? Hurting people's feelings is his way to popularity. He's making money out of it. Well, I hope he earns enough money to buy back his conscience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't see what's wrong with what he said..

thepinkprincess said...

It's the way he said it.

Anonymous said...

He's right.. nothing's wrong with what was said. It's just those malicious mind of people that gives it a different meaning other than what was meant.. plain and simple. I think Willie meant it on how he said it. Like what you said, "It's the way he said it" nothing more.